Saturday, April 19, 2014

Diabetes KILLS! But Juicing Can Help!

Juicing in the homeschool, instead of overeating and snacking on unhealthy foods has helped to save my life. Diabetes was diagnosed not long ago and I am determined to not let it kill me like it did my father, grandfather and so many others in my family. Due to PCOS I have always had problems with overeating and snacking on unhealthy foods. When you overeat and snack you feel terrible and beat yourself up. But there is hope when you are determined to change your life. Not long after the new year I got a message from a friend that had an advertisement about juicing. I was sort of interested and thought that it would be a good idea for me to start. I did, and I love it. It is taking my sugar levels down and bringing my life back out of the depths of overeating. Being healthy is important and when you don't have the right sort of foods to eat it can be devastating. I left the breads and highly enriched foods by the way side and started to implement a plan to heal myself of diabetes. My doctor was astonished at my blood sugar levels. I am very pleased and will never stop juicing. I just love seeing old clothes hang off me these days. Soon, I will have to start buying new! My Healthy Plan: 1. Juice in the morning, I still do have coffee. 2. Juice for lunch and a granola bar. 3. Dinner that is baked or broiled meats along with a salad or two throughout the day. If I want to snack I make sure that I have cashews, peanuts and pistachios on hand! If I want a sweet snack I have the granola bars with low calories or yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate all comments and take suggestions!