Sunday, May 25, 2014

Homeschooling Summer & Reading Aloud














In case you didn't know we are going to be homeschooling throughout the entire summer! Yep that is right. One reason why I decided to do this is for my son to retain all the knowledge that he picked up along the way. Reading, spelling, math and more. Both of my boys are fine with this and I think this is a new opportunity for myself to be able to give them more over the summer. Usually I am always busy and have so much going on so this time it will mean alot to me to spend the time with them over the summer and give back to them more than I have done over the other summers.


So our reading for the next couple of weeks is Weedflower by Cynthia Kadohata. This is a historical fiction book that focuses on the events after Pearl Harbor in United States with a Japanese girl as the protagonist. I thought this book would help my son and others in the homeschool understand more from this time period in United States History. I think it is much easier to read historical fiction at a young age versus trying to explain a time period for children to understand from a textbook. I like to use books from the library and I usually trash a text book, lol. Anyways, I know my son loves it because he is asking me to continue on when I give him the option of me  stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate all comments and take suggestions!