Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Getting The Right Pediatrician For Your Child

Many parents do not realize that getting the right pediatrician can make the world of difference. Some of the horror stories that you hear as a parent about certain primary care physicians can certainly make you feel a little nervous. Well let me tell you about a doctor that truly was never interested in my child's well being but interested in only making a few extra dollars.

My son went in for his yearly physical exam and at that time he was only 14 years old. I was literally told to wait outside of the room and then pressured to give him a shot against HPV. I told her that I did not want my son to have that shot and I did not feel comfortable with the pressure. She went on to pressure me and state that he could get throat cancer if you know what I mean. I was so disgusted when she said that to me. But many pediatricians are pressuring parents to give their children medication that they do not need or want their child to have. Not long after this situation taking place I decided that I made the right choice because this is what I felt is best for my son. But, I soon found out more about this medication and was so happy that I did not force my son to take this vaccination. Now I am not one of those parents that are initially against vaccines, but something that I do not feel comfortable with is not going to be pressured on me into doing what the doctor wants. So parents take my advice and research your pediatrician before deciding to choose them as your primary care physician.

Later there was an update on the news speaking about this HPV vaccine and I wanted to share a short clip from ABC News:


http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4507166


Also here is another clip from


http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/07/16/hpv-vaccine-effectiveness.aspx